why your bike needs On Time servicing? Every machine requires on time servicing to ensure that it keeps running smoothly and gets a new spur of energy from time to time. A properly maintained bike serves the owner well all throughout its life and there are no second thoughts about its reliability and dependability.
A bike service involves checking the health of components and bringing them back to top condition through replacement or repair. Most motorcycle manufacturers recommend a 3000 km interval to perform a periodic service. While the chain, air filter, electricals and engine oil are attended to at every service, parts like sprockets, brake pads, bearings and brake shoes are dealt with after a considerable time period.
Reasons why you should get your bike serviced:
1) Better Life Of Parts – Bike service involves lubricating parts and adjusting their play, which makes them function normally and reduces unnecessary stress. For example, a clean and lubed chain will lead to better life of the sprocket as well.
2) Smooth To Operate – A properly serviced bike feels mechanically tight and improves the rider’s confidence on the move.
3) Better Fuel Efficiency – Preventive maintenance ensures that the engine and other mechanicals are in top notch condition. Timely oil changes, filter cleaning and correct tyre pressures translate to a better fuel efficiency.
4) Lower Wear & Tear Rate – When the parts of the bike are maintained well and given due care, they wear out at a slower rate. Cleaning and lubricating the chain extends its life, while changing the engine oil at set intervals reduces the wear and tear rate of engine components.
5) Warranty Claims – The manufacturer may refuse a warranty claim if the services are not carried out at specified intervals. It is a good practice to opt for the longest warranty coverage and perform all services on time.
Quite often, the service center staff points out the upcoming repairs that may be needed on the bike like a sprocket replacement, coolant top-up or clutch overhaul. With regular servicing, chances of sudden breakdowns and part failures reduce drastically. In fact, one has absolute peace of mind while taking the bike out. This frames the user’s opinion on the reliability of the bike. At the time of sale, an owner has an upper hand if the bike has complete service records. Buyers will be willing to pay a premium for the bike’s condition alone.